Quality, environment and safety
Hansaprint develops the quality and environmental responsibility of its operations over the long term. We also require all of our partners to have a responsible approach to quality and the environment.
- Hansaprint holds the following quality and environmental certificates:
- ISO 14001 environmental management system certificate
- ISO 9001 quality system certificate
- Right to use the EU Ecolabel (heatset products)
- Right to use the Nordic Swan label
- Right to use the PEFC forest certificate
The Regional State Administrative Agency issued an environmental permit for our Turku plant on 4 March 2016. The plant operations in Turenki do not require a separate environmental permit.
The key points in our management of quality and environmental matters are:
- monitoring and complying with legislation and regulations issued by the authorities
- showing initiative in developing quality and environmental matters
- energy efficiency and, in the long run, reducing energy consumption
- reducing waste in our own production process and providing our customers with an active demand-based operational model in order to reduce waste
- following material development and changing to more environmentally friendly options where possible
- the joint effort of the entire staff in reaching these goals
Hansaprint’s quality policy
The aims of Hansaprint’s business operations are to ensure our customers’ satisfaction and the profitability of our operations. The print products and other services we provide to our customers always have to meet the agreed quality criteria, and they need to be error-free and delivered on schedule.
- This means that
- all of the phases of our operational and production processes serve the following phase as their customer,
- each person is responsible for the quality of their own work and activities as well as for ensuring that defective work, products or services are not processed forward,
- we continuously develop our printed products, services, organisation and operating methods to achieve these goals.
- in particular, we monitor and measure customer feedback and delivery reliability
The suppliers of materials, services and investment commodities are an essential part of our supply chain. We require that our suppliers commit to similar standards of quality development.
At Hansaprint, every one of us is responsible for the high quality of our work and compliance with the schedules.
Hansaprint’s environmental policy
Continuous improvement of the level of environmental management is one of the business objectives set by Hansaprint Oy’s management. We commit to preventing the contamination of the environment and mitigating the negative impact on the environment.
We continuously develop our operating models:
- by complying with legislation and regulations issued by the authorities and monitoring changes in them,
- by complying with the requirements set by the Nordic Swan label and the EU Ecolabel,
- by setting and achieving demanding environmental goals and objectives each year,
- by informing our customers of ecological options and
- developing the environmental management system.
We mitigate the environmental impact of production by reducing emissions and the amount of waste generated and by increasing the efficiency of the use of raw materials, energy and other resources. In particular, we are committed to reducing material wastage and improving energy efficiency. In choosing the suppliers of materials, services and investment commodities, we prefer companies that are aware of environmental protection.
We instruct and encourage our entire personnel to take the environment into account. Every Hansa employee is responsible for reducing the burden on the environment.
We also evaluate the performance of our company based on our negative environmental impact and openly and proactively communicate about our objectives, measures and their impact on the environment.